Strategy Leaders Forum, Dubai, Day 4
16th of April was the last day of presentations in the 2014 Strategy Leaders Forum, and was mainly dedicated to the balanced scorecard.
Dr. Robert Kaplan, Professor of Harvard Business School and Co-Founder of the Balanced Scorecard brought value to the conference with a Balanced Scorecard Master Class.
The presentation’s key points were:
- Leadership and management are working together. It is important to combine visionary leadership with execution;
- Recognize and overcome individual and organizational resistance in order to tear down barriers to change;
- Include vision, advantage and scope in your 50 word strategy statement;
- Integrating strategy execution and risk management entails managing the multiple dimensions of risk and mitigating preventable risks.
Michele McKenzie, Former President & CEO of the Canadian Tourism Council, has provided a presentation about ‘Improving tourism revenue, customer satisfaction and global competitiveness through implementing the Balanced Scorecard at the Canadian Tourism Commission’.
The key points of the presentation:
- The biggest challenge in strategy implementation was the development of leadership skills;
- The most important lesson learned during strategy implementation was that there are no shortcuts and the use of strategy map helps the process.
Tags: IIRME, Performance in Dubai, Performance in UAE, Robert Kaplan, The KPI Institute