Google Internet Stats – the latest industry facts and insights
Google launched in the autumn of 2009 a new resource page called “Internet Stats” which “brings together the latest industry facts and insights” (Google Internet Stats, 2010).The information is collected from certain third party sources, all specified on the micro-site, and catalogued into five categories, each with more subcategories:
- Technology: Broadband; Devices; Mobile; Speed
- Macro Economic Trends: Rest of the World; UK
- Media Landscape: All media; Online
- Media Consumption: Changes in Media Usage; Demographic Usage; Media Consumption Stats; Media Multi-tasking; Personalised Media Experiences
- Consumer Trends: Community; Entertainment; Information; eCommerce
Visitors can also submit stats, which will be verified by Google’s teams before publishing (Google Barometer Blog, 2009).
Currently, this initiative is available only on the Google’s UK landing page.
- Google Internet Stats (2010), available at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/landing/internetstats/
- Google Barometer Blog (2009), “New! Internet Stats all in one place”
- Google Internet Stats (2010)