Balanced Scorecard & Strategy Summit 2013 – Day 1– Session 7 (Government stream)
Ahmed Abdul Salam Kazim presented the Balanced Scorecard implementation journey at Dubai Customs, with focus on the cultural change aspects of the process.
Some of the key messages included:
- The Dubai Government’s aim to become a place of choice for working and living and also as a source of best practices for other governmental entities worldwide
- In this context, following research reports from a variety of sources, Dubai Customs’ defined its vision focused on facilitation and compliance; the organization aims to become a “gateway of prosperity”
- UAE has significantly improved its rankings in international third party reports (The World Bank, World Economic Forum and Transparency International)
- Dubai Customs is member in three out of five public sectors and has established a network of partners internationally, regionally and locally
- One of the challenges in BSC implementation is fear of measurements and new systems.