Telenor Group is a telecommunication provider in 14 countries across Europe and Asia. They depend on reliable, cost-effective operational expenses and faith in delivering results when they choose their partners.
Aamir Ibrahim, the chief strategy officer, vice president cooperative fairs in Telenor Pakistan, explained their main principles in choosing their partners in the Pakistani market.
He believes that customer experience is very important to stay in the market. He said that customer experience is controlled mainly with network availability, which should show strong and continuous coverage all the time.
However, such availability brings more costs to the company in terms of power consumption and power infrastructure availability. This led them to look for other solutions to reduce operational expenses while providing the best services for their customers.
Atiq Ahmad, the chief technical officer, noted that finding a partner who can provide the right solutions for their problems while keeping the expenses within the budget has been one of the company’s main concerns.
All of these factors fit Nokia Siemens Network, showing Telenor-Pakistan that they can depend on them to provide robust products that can ensure the results they agreed on and consider the quality and reduction in operational expenses.
Nokia Siemens Network proved that they deserve to have a long-term partnership by providing efficient and cost-effective solutions for Telenor-Pakistan’s problems. These solutions are also within Nokia’s specialization.
Nokia Siemens Network accomplished this by doing continuous research on the telecommunication sector in terms of needs and the future developments that can be done to keep telecom providers competitive in the market. This way, they ensure the availability of solutions for problems that telecom providers face.
One of those problems is the end-to-end energy issues that telecom companies like Telenor-Pakistan face in terms of high operational expenses. Another is the environmental effects caused by the power networks that operate their sites. However, Nokia Siemens Network strived to provide different solutions to reduce operational expenses, provide trustful networks, and reduce environmental risks.
High experience in the market and good knowledge of customer needs and society’s expectations from a telecom provider are the factors why Nokia Siemens Network was chosen as the service partner for EMBARQ, a leading provider of broadband, entertainment, and voice services in the United States.
Jim Hansen, the senior manager of EMBARQ, said that to stay competitive, they should focus on what they are good at and find the right partner who can manage the sectors in which they are not specialized so they can get the best customer and meet employee satisfaction.
Tom Oothoudt, the manager of strategic planning and network operations focused on that Nokia Siemens Network, said that they are willing to improve their capabilities as well as their resources and solutions shared with EMBARQ to ensure reduction in operational expenses, customer satisfaction, and trusted solutions that will give advantages to the company in terms of results and high quality of services.
Maziad Al Harbi, the general manager of network services solutions at Saudi Telecom Company, a telecom provider in Saudi Arabia, said that the main reason for choosing Nokia Siemens Network to be their partner in delivering advanced services and the required platforms for their implementation is that they are experts in the Saudi market. Moreover, Nokia Siemens Network is said to have advanced knowledge of the market’s needs and what is required to satisfy the customers in addition to their worldwide experience.
He added that they are always active and doing their best to deliver the best solutions as the telecom company offers advanced services to the market faster than other competitors.
All of these reasons are accompanied by the teamwork that Nokia Siemens Network promotes. They believe that working closely with their partners strengthens the relationship, provides better solutions, and ensures a long-term relationship.
To learn more about developing strategies for your business and organization, read more about The KPI Institute’s Strategy and Business Planning Professional Certification.
- Normann, Richard and Rafael Ramirez, From Value Chain to Value Constellation: Designing Interactive Strategy, Harvard Business Review, 71 (1993) 65.
- Stephen L. Vargo and Robert F. Lusch, Evolving to a new dominant logic for marketing, Journal of Marketing, 68 (2004) 1.
- Robert F. Lusch, Stephen L. Vargo and Mathew O Berien, Competing through service: Insights from service-dominant logic, Journal of Retailing, 83 (2007) 5
- Chickery J. Kasouf, Jenny Darroch, Clase M. Hultman and Morgan P. Miles, Service dominant logic: Implications at the marketing/entrepreneurship interface, Journal of Research in Marketing and Entrepreneurship, 10 (2008) 57.
- Stephen L. Vargo and Robert F. Lusch, The service dominant logic mindset (2008), Available from:
- Franc Jacob and Wolfgang Ulaga, The transition from product to service in business markets: An agenda for academy inquiry, Industrial Marketing Management, 37 (2008) 247.
- Michael A. Hitt, M. Tina Dacin, Edward Levitas, Jean-Luc Arregle and Anca Borza, Partner selection in emerging and developing market contexts: Resource-based and organizational learning perspectives, Academy of Management Journal, 43 (2000) 449.
- Gulcin Buyukozkan, Orhan Feyzioglu and Erdal Nebol, Selection of the strategic alliance partner in logistics value chain, Int. J. Production Economics, 113 (2008) 148
- Szyliowicz, D., Dacin, M. T., and Ventresca, Political and institutional embeddedness: Alliance dynamics in the global exchange services industry. Working paper, Texas A&M University (1999).
- Stefan Wuyts, Peter C. Verhoef and Remco Prins, Partner selection in B2B information service markets, Intern J. Research in Marketing, 26 (2009) 4.
- Nokia Seimens Netowrk official website, Available from:
- Telenor Pakistan official website, Available from: http://www.telenor.com.pk/