Balanced Scorecard Saudi Arabia 2011 – smartKPIs.com correspondence from Riyadh – Day 2
Day 2 of the Balanced Scorecard Saudi Arabia 2011 continued with the second part of the Masterclass facilitated by Dr. Robert Kaplan and Dr. David Norton.
While the first day of the Masterclass covered the What and Why aspects of a Balanced Scorecard implementation, the second day concentrated on answering the How aspects.
Among the topics discussed were:
- Risk Management and the integration with the Strategy Execution System, facilitated by Dr. Robert Kaplan;
- Aligning employees to the strategy session, facilitated by Dr David Norton;
- Monitoring, testing and adapting the strategy, facilitated by Dr Robert Kaplan;
- Balanced Scorecard implementation: Leading change and the role of the CEO, facilitated by Dr Robert Kaplan;
- Balanced Scorecard implementation: The critical role of the Office of Strategy Management, lead by Dr David Norton
The day concluded with a Q&A session (Kaplan-Norton Clinic), during which were debated topics such as:
- Best ways to run a Strategy Review Meeting;
- The cascading process of a Balanced Scorecard System for a corporation with a diversified portfolio of activities and lines of business;
- The importance of establishing an Office of Strategy Management and its ideal size.