On new management tools with Lukas Michel at the PMA 2014 Conference
The second day of the PMA 2014 Conference brought another important presentation, “Management Tools for the New Workplace”, held by Lukas Michel, Owner, Founder and MD AgilityINsights. The research study focused on analyzing the experience of five companies from a variety of industries in implementing the Performance Pyramid as a model and approach for initiating transformations within the organization.
The Performance Pyramid regards managerial competency as the ability to act, emphasizing the decision making process, which adds focus and control on the ways an organization is managed.
Lukas Michel provided three arguments for implementing the Performance Pyramid model:
- Traditional strategy has proven to be inflexible and inefficient in the current business environment, characterized by complexity, uncertainty, ambiguity and employees with dominant knowledge work;
- People in the “knowledge era” need a new approach in order to boost the organization’s potential, employees’ creativity and to nurture innovation and growth;
- Leaders need to gain clarity on their organization’s starting point and destination, in order to take the correct measures.
Through the five case studies, Lukas Michel emphasized three key points:
- The application of the Performance Pyramid as a creativity enabler in turbulent times;
- The use of a diagnosis tool to support leadership in the decision making process;
- How new management forms initiate transformation within organizations.
Removing the viruses that encompass potential is considered to be the right approach in the knowledge area, which can only be achieved by implementing new management tools, adapted to the present characteristics of the business environment.